artsnb is ready to hire a friendly, enthusiastic student with a strong interest in the arts and culture of New Brunswick.
DATES: June 5 to July 28, 2017 (8 weeks)
SALARY: $15 per hour, 36.25 hours per week (8:30am to 4:30pm Mon. to Fri.)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 19, 2017
The ideal candidate will be technically inclined, comfortable with hardware and software to digitize large amounts of documents; and will also be able to harness the power of the web and social media to promote artsnb‘s events and programs.
The Student Intern reports to the Executive Director of artsnb. Duties include:
- digitizing paper-based grant applications and transfer to the online system;
- helping to organize and promote artsnb-related events through the web site and social media; and
- other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- knowledge and experience in converting and optimizing digital documentation;
- proficiency in social media and web technology for information, promotion and marketing purposes;
- good understanding of—as well as a passion for—arts and culture in New Brunswick;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- ability to work independently and within a small, integrated team;
- good organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills;
- outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- an ability to work and communicate in both official languages would be an asset.
To be eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs Internship, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and;
- be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
If you are interested in the Student Intern position at artsnb, please send your resume and cover letter to the Operations Manager, Tilly Jackson, at email@example.com by May 19, 2017. We thank all of those interested in the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*artsnb is an equal opportunity employer.