UPDATES REGARDING PARTIAL REOPENING AND RELAXATION OF CRITERIA OF CAREER DEVELOPMENT COMPONENTS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Fredericton, August 25th, 2020) – Given that the Government of New Brunswick announced on June 24th that “interprovincial travel without the requirement to self-isolate will be permitted in Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, for residents of Atlantic Canada as of July 3rd”, grant applications (projects) submitted to artsnb in all programs are allowed with the following caveats:
- Travel is allowed only within the Atlantic provinces (NB, NS, PE, NL), effective since July 3rd, and subject to change as per provincial guidelines;
- Grant recipients must respect guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 restrictions issued by provincial authorities, both in their home region and province, and at their destination;
- Recipients must contact the Program Officer if their event is suspended, postponed or cancelled.
- Please note that in response to the current pandemic, the Arts by Invitation and Artist in Residence components of the Career Development are opened only partially. Proposed projects must respect the restrictions mentioned above.
- Relaxation of the criteria for the other two components, Professional Development and Professionalization & Promotion, are still in effect. This is to make allowance for the current working conditions imposed by the pandemic and to take advantage of online training opportunities. Currently, eligible projects can include:
- Online training to help adapt one’s artistic practice to the new realities of self-isolation, social distancing and web-based communications.
- Web-related expenses for up to one year, including web hosting, domain name registration, subscription for videoconference services, etc.
Note that the upcoming Career Development deadline is September 1st. Applicants planning to apply to this program are strongly encouraged to contact the Program Officer with any questions they might have.
You may also read the full press release in PDF format below.